As you get older or your needs increase, you may find it more difficult to cope in your own home.

Living in a care home can be very expensive and the costs involved in moving into a Care Home can literally wipe out your entire savings and your home may have to be sold to pay for care fees.

You will be required to pay for all of your own care if your assets are greater than:
England: £23,250

Wales: £23,250

Scotland: £24,750

N. Ireland: £23,250
You will be required to pay for some of your care if your assets are between:
England: £14,250 - £23,250

Wales: £23,250 - £23,250
(the upper and lower limits are the same)

Scotland: £15,250 - £24,750

N. Ireland: £14,250 - £23,250

How do I protect my home and assets from care costs?

If you fail to act now -​
• Your home may have to be sold to pay for your Long Term Care costs.
• Your savings and investments could be wiped out.
• Any income would be assessed and used towards the cost of your care.
• Your children and grandchildren could lose their entire inheritance.
For more information and to download an information pack, please visit our Media page.
Long-Term Care Planning
Long term Care Capital Thresholds 2012/13
If you own more than the upper limit, (which includes your property, any cash, savings and stocks and shares etc) you will be expected to fund the full cost of your care fees. You would not be able to receive any financial help from your local council until your savings (assets) have been reduced to the upper limit.

Care residents with capital between the Upper and Lower limits are expected to make some contribution from their capital as well as income.

If you have assets below the lower limit, then any contribution you may be required to make towards the cost of your care, will be based solely on your income and your assets disregarded.
When someone enters care they are automatically “means tested” and ALL of their assets, including the family home are taken into account.
Contact us now to arrange a free initial meeting:
Telephone: 01604 889073